Saturday, April 4, 2009

Soccer Mom

I have used the term, but thought that was a long time away. My babysitter signed Aidan up for soccer last week, and he had his first practice last night. The game was today. Not so far away at all.
Last night Aidan informed me "you need to watch me and say good job okay?" (how does he know this at 4 years old?) I complied, he loved it, and god did I enjoy it.
Today a couple of times Aidan needed some encouragement as he walked off the field towards me. His coach was so amazing, "hey Aidan, c'mom!" and he joined his team again.
As I cheered and talked to the other parents, I realized how wonderful it was to be there. Cheering on my little athlete and watching him morph into a little boy.
Yes, a true soccer mom I have become.
Just amazing. I always hoped I would get there.





1 comment:

Beth said...

That's just the greatest! So wonderful for you both. Looking forward to it myself =)