My friend Jon and his two daughters came over the other day. I met Jon and his partner Lane when I was in foster adoption classes. 4+ years ago I lost both my tubes, and was trying to decide whether I should undergo IVF or foster adopt a child. The classes confirmed that I wanted my own. I have remained friends with Jon and Lane and now our kids play together. It is really cool.
Lane is out of the country, so I invited John over for a day at the beach. I was cleaning up after dinner and Jon asked "do you want me to take out the (overflowing) trash?"
My response:
"OMG yes!"
What a glorious thing for a single parent to hear. For about a millisecond I could have screamed to the heavens that I actually heard those words. Someone else was helping me with one of the many detested household chores I feel like I am either needing to do, in the process of doing, or have just completed. It is one of many chores on an endless list, and here was someone offering to do it for me.
I could have jumped up and down.
Who needs sex?
Who needs a million dollars?
Someone just OFFERED to take out my trash, for no other reason than they are my friend and they are wonderful and also happen to have a Y chromosome.
For a split second I actually realized what having a husband's help would feel like.
Oh happy day!
My god I need a friggen life.
1 comment:
You know if he was your husband he never would have offered! LOL!
What a cool friendship to have.
Post a Comment