Sunday, August 17, 2008

Making Freud Proud

I have long believed that I was creating a child who will grow to be a boob man. Taking comfort in your mom's boobies well until your mid three's will do that I suppose. 
Seeing how upset Aidan has been the past few weeks when he can no longer nurse for comfort, I do believe his future is clear: He will love him some knockers. In the scheme of things that is probably not that bad, right?

But that is not all. 

The thing is, I did not realize that I may have also created a man with an oral fixation, a la Freud. You know the theory, a child's unmet oral needs are not met from the mother so they fixate on anything that satisfies their oral desire. In Aidan's case, what once was boob is now lollypops and small pieces of sugarless Bubble Yum gum. The kid wants a lot of both throughout the day-along with grabbing the nipples on my shrinking chest. 

Uh oh, his future wife may blame me for this.


No comments: