Friday, September 12, 2008

One of *Those* Days

I hate the days when I wake up in a bad mood.
I don't know if it was my own shitty mood to start with, or if Aidan’s whiney crappy mood upon waking is what did me in.
My sweet, precious, beautiful boy
woke whining for candy and dinosaur black chicken (chicken nuggets).
While he whined he did his most convincing argument that they really are a good "growing food."
I told him candy is not a growing food, and dinosaur black chicken is only for dinner time.
Upon hearing this he screamed, cried, whined some more, and basically made the next 15-20 minutes miserable before I even stepped foot onto the dog hair laden wood floor.
The whining stopped for long enough to get some wonderful coffee into my body,
then the menstrual cramps kicked in full bore.
Damn!
I have my period after all! Last cycle was 21 days,
This one 31. I thought I would miss it, but no…my monthly *friend* has started with a vengeance.
Aidan’s mood seemed to have stabilized for a little bit longer after giving him sugarless bubble gum and turning on cartoons.
For a second.
Damn.
Lord only knows what he asked me, but I did not hear him. I was in the kitchen.
I walked into the room and said “what?” and he repeated himself, with the most irritated tone: “Mommy! get it for me right now!”
Visualize me getting down on his level and saying:
“YOU do NOT talk to mommy like that, that is rude! You ASK me to do something, not tell me. I am in charge here not you!”
He said please.
A moment later he was playing with his new stickers.
I said: “you can play with the stickers, just do not put them on the wall.”
Why did I say that?
I shouldn’t have given him that idea.
Of course I realize this in retrospect.
Do I have to even mention what he did a moment later?
No?
He put them on the wall in his room of course.
I was not even up for an hour and a half and Aidan was now in a time out for not listening to my words.
Later I called my sister in the car ride to Aidan’s school. She heard me talk and said pretty quickly “wow, you are in a crappy mood.”
A second later she was lecturing me on why I should NEVER miss my thyroid medication.
I told her I was not in the mood and to please drop it.
She did.
I hate days like this.
I really do.
I am generally a happy person. I was not today.
I need an attitude adjustment. A new way of thinking.......a lobotomy.
I need my hormones to mellow out a little. A glass of wine.
I need to start the day again,
And hope it will better than this morning.

No comments: