My job has a yearly staff appreciation day. It is at a local park, there is usually a theme, catered food and activities. It is fun to play with all your coworkers-and since I work with such amazing, funny, and really neat people it was like a huge party with 300 people.
This year it was a 60's theme "Summer of Love." Everyone dressed up in very funny costumes, and all the activities were geared towards love and such.
Well someone brought a jump rope. At first they tried to double dutch with the two ropes which were too short. Someone then got smart and tied them together. The fun began. Imagine grown men and women, dressed in tie dye jumping rope, cheering, and singing songs from our childhood. We paired by age and me and another coworker who is a year older than me jumped, touched the ground, and ran out of the rope. Everyone cheered.
It was a blast. I love that kind of stuff. I am just a kid in a 42 year old body, you know?
But.
OMG this morning. I am sore in damn near every muscle I have. It is truly amazing how sore I am. Sore but still hearing the cheers in my head. My boss told me I was an athlete. :) I'll take the compliment, sore or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment