Friday, December 26, 2008

A Battle of the Wills

Okay, so I could write about my marvelous Christmas. I probably will. But I thought I would address my dear son's...ahem...strong will. My mom giggles when I complain and she mockingly says to me "gee, I wonder where he gets this from?"
This weekend at my sister's house, after she watched Aidan have a melt down she commented "I just never had such a strong willed kid." Never? She has four kids for Pete's sake!
I am realizing that lately Aidan and I are too frequently getting into a battle of the wills. I am talking to a behaviorist at my work who is really giving me some good ideas.
The other morning Aidan wanted a lollypop. This is after his morning mini-candy cane from the advent calendar. My child is a fiend for candy. He is like a coke addict who needs a fix. He obsesses and wants more. This glorious morning Aidan was looking so adorable on the bed, so I grabbed the camera. As I looked into the viewfinder, my precious child morphed into the boy who could not have his candy fix. So I turned on the video.
I wanted him to see this some day, for prosperity's sake. Thought I would share. Comments anyone?

No comments: