

Was last night.
The single cutest event of the school year.
Imagine the church decorated with the Christmas tree and poinsettias,
complete with a doll wrapped in swaddling clothes and placed in a manger.
There were readings from the bible, the cool Christmas verses that I have heard since I was a little girl, about the Inn being full and Jesus being born in the manger.
Just so many fond memories of hearing these same readings while I sat with my parents and sisters on Christmas morning, dressed in my finest.
Aidan was dressed in his finest. He came on stage with his dance class, saw me in the front seat, and said loudly "Hi Mommy! you're here! cheese!" as he saw me aim my camera. The entire crowd of parents laughed. (I was laughing too!) The singing, the hand motions, the sweet kids who obviously practiced so hard to give us such a wonderful show. It was wonderful. Truly magical.
These are the moments when I cherish being a mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment