Aidan is at a new school. I took him out of his first school beceause he had problems, and placed him two days a week in his new, wonderful school.
The past month the students grew grass-real grass from seeds in strawberry baskets. They have been growing taller and taller the past month as they sat by a sunny window.
I did not realize they had been growing them for a purpose.
Last night Aidan came home with his Easter basket. The strawberry baskets had been threaded with ribbon. Insude the growing grass was a carefully placed colored egg they had made that day, some peeps, a chick, and jelly beans.
Aidan's Easter basket, with real grass. He was so proud of it.
But actually, I am so proud of him. For weathering this change to a new school, for handling it so well, a move to a school that enriches his brain and heart in a way I wish I had found earlier.
He is growing just like the grass.
1 comment:
Changing schools is always difficult. (I know from experience on both sides of the teacher's desk) I'm glad your son is doing well at his new school. What a beautiful basket!
Post a Comment