About a milisecond after my last post, Aidan ate most of the contents of his Easter basket. He does not like eggs, so the colored egg was pretty much tried and thrown away. The peeps, the jelly beans, it was all scarfed by Aidan lickety split.
Eaten, until he came to the lone little pipe cleaner chick left in the basket. That became his pet for the night. She was a girl, and her name was Ce-Ce. Aidan put her in a "home" and talked about her a lot, what was happening in her little world, what she was doing, what not. It was cute.
Later that night, Aidan decided Ce-Ce needed a bath. He stepped up to the sink, and now that he can reach the handles, turned on the water and bathed her. She shrunk up to a mere wire stick with all the fluff gone. I said to Aidan "let's sit her up here so she can dry, she's cold" and placed her on the armoire. He obeyed.
The next day, I took a look at poor little Ce-Ce. She was still a shriveled up wire, with the pipe cleaner "feathers" dried up all flat. The most pathetic sight ever, and it really made me chuckle.
I held Ce-Ce by her fake little claws and walked up to Aidan while he was playing his Nintendo. As I giggled at the sight I said "I think our chick is pretty much dead." I could see him look up at it, then me, then it again. He must have looked at Ce-Ce for a second or two before he comprehended the humor in the little chicks appearance, and the fact that I was cracking up.
I saw his cheeks start to rise, and out came a belly laugh. We laughed together for a long time.
My kid is old enough to get the joke, to see the humor in a situation.
That will serve him well.
I just love that.
No comments:
Post a Comment