Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hangin in

Took me a few days and now today I am finally feeling a little more myself, and not so traumatized.
No one prepared me for the sadness and anxiety I have been feeling since Aidan was discharged from the hospital.
Nightmares, a heart full of tears. Truly and utterly haunted by the image of Aidan looking so dead on the operating table.
I guess I have emotionally come to terms with what I saw, and even I at some level do not understand why it affected me so much. It just did.
Five days post op and Aidan is talking like he has cotton in his mouth, and still needs the pain medication when it wears off. His throat looks so white and his breath is just horrific.
Yet he is thrilled to be home with me, torturing the dog by rolling the race cars into him and laughing. He is eating, and tolerating the pain like a trouper.
My brave little man who makes this recovery look so easy.
Little stinker.

1 comment:

KitchenCathi said...

Hope you are both doing better and made it through the holidays ok.

I nominated you for a blog award - http://jellybeanmama.blogspot.com/2010/01/when-fellow-blogger-gives-you-lemonade.html. Rules for accepting are as follows;

- Put the Lemonade Stand logo on your blog or within your post.

- Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude or gratitude.

- Link the nominees within your post.

- Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.

- Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.

Congrats!