Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Getting to sleep


In your own bed.

Aidan is learning this the past few weeks. I lay with him in his own bed until he sleeps, then I get into my bed alone. It was time.

A few weeks ago on my birthday my sweet boyfriend came over, and getting Aidan to sleep was a bear. I knew I did not want to go through this next year. Enter the sleep training, at 4 1/2. I have not been getting any sleep.

A colleague mentioned getting him his own bedding that makes his bed "his," something he picked out and really loves. Enter the transformer bedding I got last night at Target. He picked it out of course, I did not even notice it.

He would not let me wash the stiff sheets before he slept last night. They were practically crispy with cheapo cotten-poly and starch.

He slept throught the night. All night. He woke at 6 am. OMG.

Did I sleep through the night? nope. Woke to him calling out for me in his sleep. Then again when I worried about money (and the money I spent on bedding!) I am tired, like having a newborn. I don't.

I am happy, and happy for my sweet little one who is getting to be such a big kid, right in front of my eyes. Did I mention Aidan is all ready 4 1/2?

No comments: