Last night BF and I had a date. I did not see him last weekend, because I was deathly ill with Strep throat, and he was busy all weekend with Yacht club stuff. I missed him last week, and was really excited to see him. It felt like a really long time since we connected in person. Our plans: He had a sailing class at the yacht club down the street from my house. He was going to pick me up after the class, drive to his house, have a picnic on the beach, (my idea) and take a long walk on the beach.
Last night Aidan was at a sleep over at his friends house. BF came over and it was just the two of us. Like old times when I was childless and dating, we could come back to my house and hang out and have that kind of privacy. We had it...at my house! It was so cool! We scratched the idea of a picnic, drank wine, hung out and instead chose to walk towards my favorite seafood restaurant, right on the beach. On the way we passed a bar and stopped in to play pool. I was a little drunk, and feeling so free and happy. We made it to the restaurant right before it closed. We sat on the patio right on the beach. It was delicious and romantic and completely unexpected, given our original plans. It was wonderful.
We came back to my house, to my fluffy and soft bed. To my squishy down pillows and comfortor. It was comforting to be in my space, alone, with my partner. The man who makes me feel a world away from my day to day life. Of course I love my day to day life-but the time with him, feels like an emotional vacation. A vacation from having to "be" anyone other than just me, in the moment. Not a mother, not a child, not an employee. Me. Present, with a man that is present there with me in the moment, without me having to ask. He just is. I feel this over and over as we talk, touch and kiss. I am with him and I feel appreciated, adored, and cared for so deeply it is hard to comprehend.
No comments:
Post a Comment