
Yesterday we went to Colin (2) and Casey's (4 1/2) house to play. Aidan LOVES them, and I love their mom and dad. We always have such a great time.
After pizza and playing, we decided to give Aidan and Casey a bath. As Colin was bathed separately, the two naked preschoolers ran around playing with the toys in the adjacent room.
There is something so beautiful and innocent about the carefree nature of children at this age. I watched in awe at the joy they showed on their faces and bodies as they pranced around together. Naked and blissfully happy at their freedom. It just reminded me why having children and being a mom is so amazing, I get to be a part of this sweet life of theirs.
The dress up box nearby called to Mr. Aidan. It was filled with Disney themed attire: Ariel, Cinderella, and Belle dresses, complete with sparkly shoes and tiaras. Casey would not let Aidan try on the Ariel costume, it was too new. As I reached in to get another dress, Casey said "dresses are for girls." Aidan ignored this, and I helped him put on a blue princess dress. He put on the sparkly ballet shoes and the matching tiara. He pranced around some more and he LOVED this dress.
My friend snapped the picture you see here.
Soon Aidan too will be saying that dresses are for girls. Perhaps he will not try them on at all, as it is not a boy thing. I am so glad I have this picture to keep, a memory of last night's sweet innocence.
1 comment:
Love it! Thank you for being the progressive Mom that sees this for the cute expression of dramatic play that it is! As I just read a bunch of posts from parents peeved at how princesses have permeated our midst and seduced our daughters, it is great to see a little balance. Very cute pic!
Post a Comment