Aidan has ADHD.
We had the feedback session yesterday. The neuropsychologist saw my bright, funny, charming child, who is so much fun to be with. She saw him the way that I do. She delighted in him and his company, and talked with Kevin and I about her recommendations, her goals for him. For me, for school, for us.
We have an answer.
But I all ready knew.
We will be having his IEP next week.
We have this amazing kid..this beautiful, sweet, amazing kid, who will need help. And suddenly this is okay.
It will be okay.
I am not crying, I am not grieving.
I am loving my man more seeing him and hearing him yesterday as the doc gave us the news. He is fully vested, completely involved, and loving me and Aidan so much in the process.
I worry about Aidan in school. I worry about the socialization part, and whether or not he will need meds, and when.
But for now we are just my family.
Now.
Today.
and I am gloriously appreciative.
1 comment:
Yes, it WILL be okay. I've been working with kids who have ADHD for 16 years and implementing their IEPS. I can say, unequivically (although I can't spell it!) that the most important factors are the family's attitude, committment to success and sense of humor.
Post a Comment