Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Babies

Sometimes when Aidan is sleeping I stare at his face and look at how big he is, and realize what a big boy he is becoming. I examine his features and see how much they have changed, or how much they still look the same as they did the first time I laid eyes on him laying exhausted in the NICU.
Time is passing.
Time is passing fast!
My boy will be 6 in March. Nearly 6 years ago, I pushed this little being our of my body and into my life and he changed it forever.
Aidan challenges me. He tests my patience, the way I did with my mother, or so she tells me.
He stretches my heart, and my love, and devotion.
I would give my life for him.
As Aidan grows certain things get easier, while others, harder. I never know which will be which, depending on the moment or the day.
Such is mothering I guess.
But when he sleeps, I am reminded of all that is changing, and all that has stayed the same, in the years I have spent with the one I call my poopie-my son Aidan.




1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

Your little boy looks adorable in these photos--so very, very sweet. This post could be the updated version of the book Love You, Forever.
He'll always be your baby!