Yesterday my boyfriend and I took my parents on his boat for a harbor cruise for father's day. It was a beautiful California day-sunny, warm and windy. We cruised the harbor with the sail, and Kevin had my father help with the ropes. It was relaxing, glorious and perfect. This was the first time we *hosted* anything for my parents in Kev's neck of the woods. My mom went below deck at one point during the cruise, and I went down to talk with her. When I got up to go above deck Aidan instructed me to "stay with grandma, we are having man time now."
Kev and Aidan do *man* things together all the time. I hear him ask to do this "man stuff" it just cracks me up. I love to see how proud he is when Kevin works with him to wash the car, sharpen a lawn mowor blade, or pull weeds. Aidan just loves it.
My "man" is growing up so fast. Today I picked up the paperwork to enroll him in kindergarten. Aidan starts in the fall, and he will be 5 1/2. My little man is starting big kid school and it just amazes me. What other "man stuff" is in his future? and what is in store for both of us?
1 comment:
What a fun, relaxing day!
Sometimes I look at my son (at 3 years, 4 months) and notice that he has a real boy's body. Strong shoulders, tall straight back, and I wonder, where did my toddler go? This is what he's going to look like (only a lot bigger) when he's a teenager. How fast this happens!
Post a Comment