Aidan was born a week from today.
Because I was in a documentary about becoming a single mom, I have a DVD where I can watch myself as I went through the journey to become pregant.
I watched it tonight and cried.
Cried at being pregnant, cried at my family's support, cried at Aidan's delivery, at him being a newborn.
As I watched and cried, Aidan watched too.
I heard him say "come sit next to me mommy."
And I did.
He hugged me, and crawled on my lap and said mommy-"hold me like this." His version of fitting on me like and infant. It was so sweet.
My god-how time flies.
I have a 5 year old in a week.
Sounds so cliche to say how time flies, but it is so true.
As I plan Aidan's umpcoming 5th birthday party in a week, I reminisce on his infancy and childhood. He starts kindergarten in September.
How did this happen?
How did I deliver this amazing, sensitive, beautiful child 5 years ago?
As my life evolves into moments with Aidan and my boyfriend, I see changes in me I did not even know could happen back then.
In almost 5 years.
Progress.
Sweetness.
1 comment:
My son turned three last month. I had wished and prayed for him to arrive for two decades. Now that he's here, time moves too fast. I wish we could slow it down just a bit...
But oh, what handsome, kind-hearted young men they become...
Post a Comment