The yacht club that BF belongs to, as well as another club nearby organized this same trip last year. This was the second annual event.
I took the the "Catlina Flier" (AKA: The Big Boat) over on Saturday afternoon. A , change of clothes, and new pair offlip flops and a mini walk later, I was ready for some fun.
There was food preparation, wine, and good times. There was laughter and steaks, salad and even a crab.
Later BF and I took a late night walk, with a flashlight, like we were kids.
We slept on the boat, and as it listed side to side in the current, surprisingly, I slept like a baby.
The next morning, as BF awoke to help with breakfast, he asked if I wanted to join him. "Can I sleep in?" I responded. 2 hours later, I did not wake at the dinghy motor approaching, I did not wake when the boat shook when BF got on. He woke me up, and we had a delicious camp out breakfast. Drank the hottest coffee I have ever had (the way I like it!)
Sailed home on the boat of one of his friends, and later we slept some more.
Sailing, sleeping, laughing, being on an island that seemed so far away from home. Spending 2 nights in the arms of the man I love.
A vacation indeed.
The view of the island from the big boat:
1 comment:
That sounds sooooooooooo relaxing. I love to sleep to the sound of waves lapping! It must be womb-like or something.
Good for you for getting some time with just the two of you, sounds like it was a lot of fun. Sometimes a mini-break does a surprisingly good job of recharging the batteries, and you don't have the stress and preparation/travel of a longer, farther vacation.
I can almost smell the mix of evening ocean air, crab, and satisfaction in this post! :-)
Post a Comment