The other day, after Aidan got his shots at his physical, he cried and clutched his legs dramatically-and in a pleading, desperate voice exclaimed "I don't like shots! I don't like stinging!"
The nurse and I hid our giggles as we gave each other that knowing look.
Tonight Aidan dropped a tootsie roll. He went to a birthday party last weekend, and came home with a bag literally FILLED with candy. Candy he wants at every meal. Candy he has faught me morning and night for. I am so sick of that friggen birthday candy I want to chuck it. (I haven't)
Anyway, Aidan dropped a tootsie roll, right after I told him he could not have it. Enter Rigley, the scrounge dog, who despite recently turning 13 is sprite and smart enough to know that Tootsie rolls are the bomb. He took it, and ran. Aidan screamed and chased him, tyring to get it out of his mouth. Rigley dodged his grabs, and Aidan screamed more.
I laughed out loud at their antics. I got it back, and I put it up high so Aidan OR Rigley could not reach it.
The other day, we were at Trader Joes. It was 6:30 pm, after I got off work, and picked Aidan up from school. I was tired, and he was tired. I needed milk and other staples, just a quick run and home. As we waited to check out, Aidan spied some candy (how unusual!). I said no. He asked again, and again I said no. He persisted, and at one point got very frustrated at me, and in his most indignant voice yelled 'NO!" in front of me and everyone cheking out at that moment.
I gasped at the exact same time a little girl walking by did too. She knew he was in big trouble. He was. As we walked out, the strap on my bag broke, and my wine, as well as Aidan's precious eggs broke instantly as they fell to the floor. As he cried and exclaimed "My eggs!" I uttered my quiet retort "see, this is what happens when you are rude to your mother in public!"
Not one of my more stellar mommy moments.
WOOP WOOP WOOP! Bad mommy alert! Laughs at their kids in inopportune moments? Blames them for broken eggs?
Ahh well. It is a good story I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment