Friday, February 20, 2009

A good day

I have a new position at work. It is stressful, and I am working my ass off. Strange that despite the hard work, I love it. Weird, I know. I love to work with the babies, to get them the care and services they need to develop properly. The medical stuff, the developmental stuff, working with the families and parents, it just suits me.
Recently I have been having problems with a friend. About a month ago, we had a little falling out. We met for lunch today to talk for the first time. Needless to say, it was intense. Exhausting, but intense. I came back from this lunch, and dove head first into a problem with a set of twins I have, that no matter how much I try to help them, I am running into roadblocks. It is so frustrating.
As I drove home from work, completely spent from the emotions of negotiating a complicated friendship and exasperating office politics, I thought about my BF. The one shining beacon in my life-the person who grounds me and makes me feel that all is okay. I thought about how wonderful life is, when your boyfriend gives you so much joy, and your friend such grief. I am so lucky to have found him.
Wow.

No comments: